Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Orion StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II (Black) - Product Description
With Orion's StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II, the whole family, classroom, or astronomical society can enjoy the view as seen through your telescope right along with you, as if you were all looking through the same telescope at once! The USB Eyepiece Camera II lets you view what you see in your telescope on your laptop or desktop PC for crowd-pleasing performance. The StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II fits in any telescope with a 1.25-Inch focuser, or a 2-Inch-to- 1.25-Inch step-down adapter. While a telescope attached to a mount equipped with a tracking motor will provide the best results for nighttime use, even non-motorized telescopes like Dobsonian reflectors work well with this petite performer. During daylight hours, the USB Eyepiece Camera II can add crowd-pleasing performance to any telescope outfitted for terrestrial use. Telescopic views of birds, wildlife, and scenery can be seen and enjoyed on your laptop or desktop PC screen. This fun and affordable camera provides a great entry into the rewarding realm of astrophotography. The StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II features a CMOS sensor chip with 8-bit output and RGB 24-bit color resolution. While not sensitive enough to capture images of faint deep space objects, the USB eyepiece enables you to share telescopic views of brighter objects within our solar system like the Moon and bright planets. The included Orion AmCap movie capture software allows you to save and process the views transmitted through the eyepiece. The StarShoot USB Eyepiece can capture up to 24 frames per second at its native resolution of 640 x 480 pixels, which is considerably higher than our original model. Progressive scan imaging means information from each and every pixel is delivered to your computer for each frame. The color CMOS sensor features small 5.6-Micron x 5.6-Micron pixels for great resolution on bright targets. All power is supplied to the StarShoot USB Eyepiece through its USB connection to your computer.
Orion StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II (Black) - Details
- Fun and useful USB Eyepiece Camera allows you to transmit the real-time view through your telescope to a laptop or PC, and capture great digital movies and images
- Share the view of bright planets, the Moon, and terrestrial targets through your telescope with friends, family, and fellow astronomy enthusiasts.
- An affordable introduction to the rewarding hobby of astrophotography. Great for lunar and planetary shots - not suitable for deep space imaging
- Very versatile - Fits into any 1.25-Inch telescope focuser or 1.25-Inch step-down adapter
- Includes Orion AmCap image video capture software - compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Operating Systems
Related Items Orion StarShoot USB Eyepiece Camera II (Black)
Meade Instruments #126 1.25-Inch 2x Short-Focus Barlow Lens
Orion 05662 1.25-Inch 13 Percent Transmission Moon Filter (B
MeeQee Cell Phone and Tablet Adapter Mount, Universal and Pr
Gosky 1.25-Inch Premium Telescope Accessory Kit (silver)- 5p