Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible For Free Shipping
Meade Instruments Infinity 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope - Product Description
Ideal for the observer who views both astronomical and terrestrial objects, the Meade Infinity Series combines an altazimuth mount and quality optics for a superb value. For newcomers and beginners alike, these refracting telescopes are a great way for you to discover the cosmos and the outdoors. You’ll discover more with the Meade Infinity Series.
If you’ve never owned a telescope before, the Infinity 70 Refractor is a good telescope to get started in astronomy. This 70mm (2.8") aperture gives bright, sharp images for both land and celestial objects. Whether you're viewing the lunar craters, rings of Saturn, the moons of Jupiter, or terrestrial objects, the Infinity 70 Refractor allows the first-time observer to explore the world, solar system, and beyond.
Pros: Right-side up image means you can use it for daytime observing (birds, hunting, ocean, etc)
Refractor means you don’t have mirrors to align (collimate); it’s ready to go out of the box
Cons: Tracking celestial objects is less easy than an EQ mount because the controls function left, right, up, down whereas EQ mounts turn with the rotation of the Earth
Q: How is this telescope different than the other Infinity models (90, 80, 50, etc)?
A: The differences between each model are aperture size. The bigger the aperture, the more light-gathering power the telescope will have, resulting in brighter, detailed images. The Infinity 70 has a 70mm aperture, larger than the Infinity 50 and 60. It has a smaller aperture size, but a lower cost than the Infinity 80, 90, and 102. The Infinity 60 and 70 come with two eyepieces, while all other Infinity models come with three.
Meade Instruments Infinity 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope - Details
- Aperture: 70mm(2.8"). Focal Length: 700mm. Focal Ratio: f/10. Rack-and-Pinion Focuser
- Altazimuth mount with a slow motion control rod for precision tracking means you can easily track objects day or night
- Low (26mm) and high (9mm) magnification eyepieces give you variety for any viewing situation & 2x barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Red dot viewfinder helps you point your scope at objects you want to observe & accessory tray stores accessories while observing
- Includes Astronomical Software and Instructional DVD
Related Items Meade Instruments Infinity 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope
Meade Instruments Infinity 60mm AZ Refractor Telescope
Gskyer Telescope,AZ70700 German Technology Telescope,Instrum
Celestron PowerSeeker 70EQ Telescope